Spring has sprung !. Can you feel it ? The smells, the colours, the chilly mornings with the hope of the sun coming through. Today it’s like that in Melbourne which I am certainly grateful for.
I can feel the newness. Certainly the new moon this week has awoken something in me. How about you?
Did you start something new?. I finally solidified the dates for a Hand Analysis training that I have been procrastinating about for sooo long.
Lucky I caught myself and one of my “go to” actions is to declutter or start organising things I have been putting off. I know, it’s the Spring energy. So sharing with you some ways you might like to Get Energised and organised over the weekend.
Feel Great by Getting Organized and Energized
Few things are as emotionally draining as living a life that’s out of control. We become accustomed to living this way and fail to realize there’s a better way. With a few simple tips, you can gain control over your life and your sanity.
Some of us have a natural knack for keeping our lives neat and tidy. For others, it can be a real struggle.
Enhancing your organizational skills might not sound like a lot fun, especially for those that are least organized. However, the payoff for organizing your life can be huge. Give it a try and see for yourself.
Use these tips to gain energy and peace of mind by becoming more organized:
- Tidy the spaces you use the most. The spaces you use the most, often the kitchen area and office, tend to accumulate the most clutter. This clutter drains your energy and weighs on your mind. It’s frustrating to constantly have things in your way. This is a great first step to getting organized and boosting your mood.
- Make lists. You might be great at keeping track of things in your head, but it comes at a price. The things you have to remember take part of your attention and mental resources. It’s much easier and more effective to simply write down the things you need to do.
- As long as you remember to check your list, you can never forget anything. It’s much easier to do that than to remember multiple things.
- You’ll be surprised by how much more energy you have by using the power of a good list.
- Sell, recycle, or donate the things you don’t need or want. Most of us have way too much stuff. Get organized by getting the irrelevant things out of your life. Get rid of all the things that no longer provide enough value to your life to justify keeping them around. You’ll feel more energized and relaxed when you’re done.
- Make a habit of getting rid of two things each time you bring one new thing into the house. This not only avoids the buildup of stuff in your house, but you’re also making progress.
- If you can’t think of two things to get rid of, you’ve either done really well in paring down your possessions, or you don’t really want that new item. Either way is a win.
- Take regular breaks. When you have a lot to accomplish, regular breaks will keep you energized. You’ll actually accomplish more if you take regular breaks. Ten minutes each hour is about right for most people. Experiment and see what works for you.
- Some people do better with shorter, more frequent breaks. Others thrive on longer breaks. Just avoid having long, frequent breaks!
- Focus on the three most important tasks you have each day. Long lists are intimidating and soul crushing. So, make two lists. Have a long list of everything that needs to be done. Then, create a second list that only contains the three most important items.
- If you can get those three things done, you’ll find that you had a pretty good day. You can tackle the longer list with whatever time you have left.
Most people feel a need to be more organized. Create a set of organizational rules for your life and follow them as consistently as you can. When you get more organized, you’ll find that you accomplish more and have more free time available for the things that you want to do.
Let me know how you go by hitting reply and sending me an email.